Pure Encapsulations 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) 50 mg. - 60/180 Capsules
Have a question?
5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an intermediate in the natural synthesis of the essential amino acid, tryptophan, to serotonin. The enzyme tryptophan hydroxylase adds a hydroxyl group (OH) to tryptophan, forming the 5-HTP intermediate. In the body, it converts to serotonin with the removal of a carboxyl group (COOH) by a second enzyme. Serotonin is an important neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of endocrine and brain activity responsible for emotion, appetite and sleep/wake cycles. In clinical studies, administration of 5-HTP supported serotonin production. The 5-HTP supplied in this supplement is derived from the Griffonia simplicifolia plant.
- 5-HTP 50 mg(5-Hydroxytryptophan)
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- - 5-hydroxytryptophan - 50 mg
- hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Do not use concurrently with antidepressants. - 1 capsule
- 1-4 times daily
- before meals
- or as directed by a health professional.