Free radicals are atoms, ions, or molecules with one or more unpaired electrons that bind to and destroy cellular compounds. Dietary antioxidants disarm free radicals through a number of different mechanisms. Foremost, they bind to the free electrons, ˜pairing up' with them, creating an innocuous cellular compound that the body can eliminate as waste. The antioxidants in this formula also support the body's natural defense mechanisms against free radicals: the enzymes superoxide dismutase, catalase, and glutathione peroxidase. Recent research points to the fact that a synergistic combination of antioxidants is more effective than the total effect of each antioxidant taken alone.
- AntiOxidant Formula
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- vitamin A (as beta carotene) - 3
- 000 mcg.
- vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol succinate) - 67 mg.
- riboflavin (vitamin B2) - 25 mg.
- zinc (as zinc picolinate) - 5 mg.
- selenium (as selenomethionine) - 100 mcg.
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC) (free-form) - 100 mg.
- milk thistle (Silybum marianum) extract (seed) - 100 mg.
- (standardized to contain 80% silymarin)
- proprietary mixed carotenoid blend. - 500 mcg.
- (as lutein
- lycopene and zeaxanthin)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- ascorbyl palmitate - 1 capsule
- 1-2 times daily
- with meals.