Bilberry extract contains anthocyanidins with visual and vascular enhancing properties. Bilberry moderates visual fatigue and supports light to dark adjustment through its affinity for the rhodopsin-opsin system, the pigment system which mediates both light and dark vision and visual adaptation to dimly lit spaces. In addition, the extract also promotes the retina's own enzymatic antioxidant defenses. In the vascular system the anthocyanidin extract supports the integrity of vascular walls by increasing vitamin C levels within cells, decreasing the permeabilizing effect of certain proteolytic/lysosomal enzymes, stabilizing cell membranes, and stimulating the synthesis of collagen and connective ground substance tissue.
- Bilberry 160 mg
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) extract (fruit) - 160 mg
- (standardized to contain 25% anthocyanosides)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- ascorbyl palmitate - 1-4 capsules daily
- between meals.