Buffered ascorbic acid combines calcium ascorbate, magnesium ascorbate, and potassium ascorbate to create a neutral pH vitamin C. This special form of ascorbic acid lessens possible gastric irritation in sensitive individuals. Vitamin C offers a wide range of support for the human body. It is an antioxidant and free radical scavenger. It supports the body's defense system by promoting white blood cell function and activity, interferon levels, antibody responses, and secretion of thymic hormones. It is essential for the formation and maintenance of intercellular ground substance and collagen. Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron and the formation of red blood cells and converts folic acid to active folinic acid. It maintains healthy mast cell function and supports lymphocyte formation. Vitamin C is also required for the synthesis of carnitine and steroids.
- Buffered Ascorbic Acid capsules
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- vitamin C - 670 mg
- (as calcium ascorbate
- magnesium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate)
- calcium (calcium ascorbate) - 20 mg
- magnesium (magnesium ascorbate) - 37 mg
- potassium (potassium ascorbate) - 15 mg
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- ascorbyl palmitate - 1 capsule
- 1-4 times daily
- with or between meals
- or as directed by a health professional.