Buffered ascorbic acid combines calcium ascorbate, magnesium ascorbate, and potassium ascorbate to create a neutral pH vitamin C. This special form of ascorbic acid lessens possible gastric irritation in sensitive individuals. Vitamin C offers a wide range of support for the human body. It is an antioxidant and free radical scavenger. It supports the body's defense system by promoting white blood cell function and activity, interferon levels, antibody responses, and secretion of thymic hormones. It is essential for the formation and maintenance of intercellular ground substance and collagen. Vitamin C aids in the absorption of iron and the formation of red blood cells and converts folic acid to active folinic acid. It maintains healthy mast cell function and supports lymphocyte formation. Vitamin C is also required for the synthesis of carnitine and steroids.
- Buffered Ascorbic Acid powder
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
- one rounded scoop (approximately 2.2 g) contains:
- vitamin C - 1
- 220 mg
- (as calcium ascorbate
- magnesium ascorbate and potassium ascorbate)
- calcium (from calcium ascorbate) - 100 mg
- magnesium (from magnesium ascorbate) - 60 mg
- potassium (from potassium ascorbate) - 20 mg
- serving size: 2.2 g (approximately 1 rounded scoop)
- servings per container: approximately 103 - 1 rounded scoop (2.2 g) daily
- or as directed by a health professional.