Cat's Claw, also known as Uncaria tomentosa, has been used traditionally in Peru for over 2,000 years. Alkaloids, phenols, sterols, and glycosides comprise some of the naturally-occurring constituents of this herb. The effects of these compounds are far-reaching and include support for joint function, gastric and intestinal health, cellular protection and immune activity. In one trial, cat's claw extract promoted joint comfort in volunteers. This extract may also provide important antioxidant protection for gut health. Its alkaloids are thought to support healthy immune function. This product may be contraindicated for individuals who are taking blood thinning or antihypertensive medications due to a potential synergistic effect.
- Cat's Claw
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- cat's claw (Uncaria tomentosa) extract (inner vine bark) - 450 mg
- (standardized to contain 3% oxindole alkaloids)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- ascorbyl palmitate
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. - 1 capsule
- 1-3 times daily
- with meals
- or as directed by a health professional.