CurcumaSorb provides the patented Meriva curcumin-phosphatidylcholine complex for enhanced-absorption and bioavailability. The proprietary phytosome technology combines curcumin and phosphatidylcholine at a 1:2 ratio, promoting resistance to degradation in the digestive tract and efficient absorption across membranes. This produces significantly higher peak plasma concentrations and larger area under concentration-time curves (AUC). In a single-dose pharmacokinetic animal study, plasma curcumin levels were 20-fold greater with Meriva than standard curcumin. A preliminary human pharmacokinetic study demonstrated that elevations in plasma curcumin from 450 mg Meriva were similar to values obtained from 4,000 mg of a standard curcumin extract. The efficacy of a low dose was demonstrated in a three-month clinical trial, in which 200 mg curcuminoids from Meriva per day provided significant benefit in joint comfort, mobility and quality of life.
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
- two vegetarian capsules contain:
- meriva® turmeric phytosome - 500 mg.
- (Curcuma longa extract (root) and sunflower phospholipid complex)
- (standardized to contain 18% curcuminoids)
- hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- Meriva® is a trademark of Indena S.p.A.
- Phytosome More Bioavailable® is a trademark of Indena S.p.A. - 2 capsules
- 1-3 times daily
- between meals.