Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium. It is present in all organs and tissues in the body. Lithium has a long history of clinical use for supporting healthy mood and behavior. Mechanisms for this involve promoting dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitter activity. Lithium also plays a role in gene expression of natural detoxification enzymes in the brain, including glutathione-s-transferase (GST). This offers important neuron antioxidant protection, which may also contribute to healthy spatial memory. Lithium may support healthy brain receptor function and brain signaling cascades to maintain healthy mental function.
- Lithium (orotate) 1 mg
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- lithium (as lithium orotate) - 1 mg
- hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Consult your health professional before using this product. Not to be taken in conjunction with antidepressants unless advised by a health professional. Individuals with bipolar disorder or depression must be monitored closely by a health professional if taking this supplement. It is recommended that individuals taking this supplement have lithium levels and kidney function monitored regularly. Do not exceed the dose recommended by your health professional.
- - 1 capsule daily
- with a meal
- or as directed by a health professional.