Offers 5 mg elemental lithium combined with N-acetyl-l-cysteine (NAC). NAC is a precursor to glutathione, the major antioxidant in the brain, and is added to this formula for enhanced protection of brain cell membranes. Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium. It is present in all organs and tissues in the body. Lithium has a long history of clinical use for supporting healthy mood and behavior. Mechanisms for this involve promoting dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitter activity. Lithium also plays a role in gene expression of natural detoxification enzymes in the brain, including glutathione-s-transferase (GST). This offers important neuron antioxidant protection, which may also contribute to healthy spatial memory. Lithium may support healthy brain receptor function and brain signaling cascades to maintain healthy mental function.
- Lithium (orotate) 5 mg
- Supplemental Facts
- Amount Per Serving
each vegetarian capsule contains:
- lithium (as lithium orotate) - 5 mg
- n-acetyl-l-cysteine (free-form) - 200 mg
- vegetarian capsule (cellulose
- hypoallergenic plant fiber (cellulose)
- ascorbyl palmitate
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women. Not to be taken in conjunction with antidepressants unless advised by a health professional. Individuals with bipolar disorder or depression must be monitored closely by a health professional if taking this supplement. Do not exceed the recommended dose. - 1 capsule daily
- with a meal
- or as directed by a health professional.