Probiotics for optimal intestinal health in adults and children*
- Supports a healthy gut microflora balance*
- Provides 10 billion CFU per serving from two strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum, and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis
- Includes 100 mg of fructooligosaccharides per serving
HLC High Potency Capsules is a combination of four strains of proprietary, human-sourced probiotics and fructooligosaccharides (FOS) that helps to promote gastrointestinal health in adults and children. In a randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 22 adults, daily supplementation with a probiotic containing Lactobacillus acidophilus supported a healthy microflora balance. Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, the most commonly used probiotics, help colonize the intestines and mediate the permeability of epithelial cells .*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- Allen, SJ, Wareham, K, Bradley, C, Harris, W, Dhar, A, Brown, H, Foden, A, Cheung, WY, Gravenor, MB, Plummer, S, Phillips, CJ, Mack, D. BMC Infectious Diseases. 2012; 12: 108.
- Madden, JAJ, Plummer, SF, Tang, J, Garaiova, I, Plummer, NT, Herbison, M, Hunter, JO, Shimada, T, Cheng, L, Shirakawa, T. International Immunopharmacology. 2005; 5: 1091-1097.
- Mahenthiralingam, E, Marchbank, A, Drevinek, P, Garaiova, I, Plummer, S. Use of colony-based bacterial strain typing for tracking the fate of Lactobacillus strains during human consumption. BMC Microbiology. 2009; 9: 251.
- Saulnier, N, Zocco, MA, Di Caro, S, Gasbarrini, G, Gasbarrini, A. Probiotics and small bowel mucosa: Molecular aspects of their interactions. Genes & Nutrition. 2006; 1(2): 107-116.
- Alpha lipoic acid
- Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL 34)
- Bifidobacterium bifidum (CUL 20)
- HLC Consortium
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-21)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL-60)