Support for intestinal health*
- Promotes a healthy gut flora*
- Provides 25 billion CFU per day of two strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. lactis
HLC Intensive Powder provides four strains of proprietary, human-sourced probiotics that promote optimal intestinal health in children, adolescents and adults. Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria are the most commonly used probiotics. They effectively colonize the intestines and promote healthy levels of beneficial bacteria. Probiotics reinforce the epithelial barrier and mediate intestinal permeability by controlling the integrity of tight junctions. Although the microflora composition in the gut is relatively steady, it can be altered by diet, stress, age, and medication use. Probiotics promote the presence of beneficial bacteria to support normal intestinal function. In a randomized, placebo controlled trial involving 155 adults, daily intake of a probiotic supplement providing 25 billion CFU (containing two strains each of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium) for 21 days significantly and positively affected the intestinal microbiota.*
Servings (1g) per container: 30
1 scoop (1g) contains:
HCL Consortium 25 billion viable cells:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL 60)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (CUL 21)
- Bifodobacterium bifidum (CUL 20)
- Bifodobacterium animalis subsp. lactis (CUL 34)
- Adults, adolescents and children (3 years and older): In a glass, add water or milk to one scoop of HLC Intensive Powder and mix. Take once daily with a meal, at least 2 to 3 hours before or after taking antibiotics, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
- If you have an immune compromised condition, do not use. If symptoms of digestive upset occur, worsen or persist beyond three days, discontinue use and consult your healthcare practitioner. If you are pregnant or nursing, please consult your healthcare professional before using this product. Keep out of the reach of children.